This article explains how to create a custom callback.
- Click on the Device type tab.
- In the Name column, choose the Device type that you want to create your callback for.
- Click on Callbacks on the left side menu.
- Click on the New button, located on the upper right side of the screen.
- Choose Custom Callback.
- Configure your Custom Callback
Custom callback configuration
Choose the desired type within the drop-down menu.
- DATA / UPLINK: to deliver uplink messages to a customer platform.
- DATA / BIDIR: same as DATA/UPLINK type, including downlink payload processing from the customer platform.
- ERROR: to ease the troubleshooting in case of communication failure.
- SERVICE: to enable additional services.
- STATUS: device battery and temperature information
- GEOLOC: to be used only if the geolocation service is enabled.
- ACKNOWLEDGE: to retrieve the network acknowledgement confirming the downlink message transmission.
- REPEATER: service messages (battery, number of repeated messages,…) from repeater devices.
By ticking this check box you will receive a callback for each base station that received the message.
Duplicate messages will be tagged as true by using the "duplicate" variable .
Choose the communication means.
- URL: to push the data to a single URL destination.
- BATCH_URL: This option pushes the data transmitted by devices within a 1 second time period.
- EMAIL: to get the callback data in your email address.
Custom payload configuration
This option allows the user to decode the payload within the Backend GUI. For more information, please click on the question mark icon.
Define the HTTP request to be pushed to your server, including available variables. An example is displayed in the GUI.
Three HTTP methods can be used:
It is possible to enable the Server Name Indication (SNI) to start the SSL/TLS handshaking process.